On 22 March, 2020, in response to the Australian Government’s mandatory 14-day self-isolation for returning residents and new visitors, along with closure of all places of social gatherings, we here at Walk Darwin made the decision to suspend our tour operation for a period of time and do our bit to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The nature of our outdoor walking tours sees them fall within a criteria that would enable us to continue operating but your health, the health or our team members and our greater community is our first priority. All our current bookings for the next 3 months have been contacted and advised.
We encourage you to also help prevent the spread of the virus by:
- observing self-isolation
- social distancing of 1t least 1.5 metres
- avoiding unnecessarily touching of surfaces
- covering a cough or sneeze with a bent elbow or tissue and then binning the tissue and take hand hygiene measures
- washing your hands for 20 seconds in soapy water, however if this is not immediately possible, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
If you are feeling unwell self-isolate and telephone a medical centre or 1800 008 002 to talk with a Northern Territory clinician. Do not visit a medical or hope in a taxi to visit a medical centre without telephoning first.
During this closure, we will continue to share our home of Darwin with you via our social channels, whilst working on making our walks even more entertaining and unique.
We will bounce back!
Current Information can be found at the following websites:
- Northern Territory coronavirus webiste – https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/
- Australian Government Department of Health – https://www.health.gov.au
- World Health Organisation – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
If you have any questions we welcome hearing from you – +61 428 183 444