An hour at the Museum
Make the most of your visit to the Museum and Art Gallery of the NT.
Enjoy a guided tour of one of our most beloved attractions.
Make the most of your visit to the Museum and Art Gallery of the NT in Darwin with a 1-hour guided overview of the galleries. You’ll leave with a greater connection to this beloved local institution that is a highlight of everyone’s visit to Darwin.
You’ll be guided by a local who will share stories of the site’s history as they lead you through each of the open galleries, pointing out some highlights you might like to revisit and explore in greater depth.
There are two times to choose from on each day we operate.
Walk Darwin is mindful that the Museum is a public space and so as not to impact the experience of other visitors to the Museum you’ll use an app to connect with your guide’s commentary.
To enable you to explore each gallery in a hygienic and socially distanced way, a smartphone or wifi compatible tablet and earbuds or headphones are required to hear your guide. You do not need data to participate on the day as you’ll connect to Walk Darwin’s free wifi network. Then it’s just pop your phone in your pocket and enjoy discovering!
From outside the Museum entry doorway. Look for the person in the bright orange shirt.
- 60 minutes of spoken commentary by your live guide
- Opportunities to ask questions of your guide
- A link to download a free digital app
- Free wifi network to connect with the app on the day and hear your guide’s spoken commentary
- Stories not found in guidebooks, of the objects on display
- Free entry to the Museum
What’s not included:
- Smartphone or wifi compatible device
- Earbuds or headphones
- Refreshments (the on-site cafe is due to open by May 2021)
- Storage locker fees
- Access or entry fees to special exhibitions
- We operate with a minimum of 2 paying guests and during COVID-19 restrictions, the group size is limited to 10.
- A level of fitness is required, as there is no seating where you can stop, sit and rest
- This tour is not suitable for school groups – please contact MAGNT direct, https://www.magnt.net.au/school-groups
How to Walk Darwin with a Local!
Choose your tour
Pick which of our interactive walking tours you'd like to take.
Choose your time
Pick a time that suits you best to join us in the Great Outdoors.
Meet up with us
Check your email to find out where to meet us.
Walk with a Local!
Enjoy the sights, sounds, stories and culture of our city!